2020 Winter League
- The 2020 Winter League will run from 23 May to 27 June (excluding 30 May – Queen’s Birthday) and from 25 July to 5 September (14 weeks).
- All games are played on Saturdays at Pinehurst School, Bush Road, Albany from 8.45am until mid-afternoon. Time for the final game depends on the number of teams involved in the league.
- Players must be available to play during these times. No dispensation can be given for players involved in other sports or cultural activities.
- This league does not cater for individual players, only registrations of teams are accepted.
Registration is through schools. Please check with your school regarding netball teams.
- We offer netball variants to suit each year level. Year 1 children play a non-competitive league 6-a-side version of netball and Year 2 upwards play 7-a-side netball with a variance to rules that ensure the players grow into the full game as they mature.
- Teams may enter combined teams, e.g. Year 1 may play in a Year 2 team, Year 2 in a Year 3 team, etc.
- Further information can be found on the Information page.
- The Rules & Guidelines for the Winter League can be viewed here.
- Reminder to all teams that they must follow the Kidzplay Netball Code of Conduct, please click here to view and download this.
- The 2020 Winter League Information Pack with all the information can be downloaded here.
- Entry fee $415.00 per team – This does not include umpire costs. (Please note schools may add extra fees for uniforms, etc.)
- Registrations close 7 April 2020.
- To view the calendar for 2020, please click here.
- For any queries, please contact your Sports Co-ordinator as per the Communication Guidelines on the Guidelines Page.
- The online registration form is now available and can be found here.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATES
Due to the dynamic nature of COVID-19, we are in a state of regular and ongoing reviews of how the 2020 Kidzplay Netball Winter Season may be impacted.
However, at this stage the event is still going ahead as planned and we will continue our plans to bring you a wonderful season.
Should anything change, we will update our Facebook page and website as soon as possible.
Protecting everyone’s health is our priority, while also operating within the situation as best we can. At present, the following is the status of our events that are coming up in the next four weeks:
TERM 1 PRE-SEASON TRAINING SESSIONS AND MEETINGS:
- School Co-ordinators meeting will be going ahead on Wednesday 18 March. Please advise attendance
- All other pre-season meetings and training sessions will be moved to Term 2, dates TBC
2020 WINTER LEAGUE
To be able to accommodate all the postponed training sessions and meetings from Term 1 prior to the start of the season, our Winter Season dates will now be as follows:
- The 2020 Winter League will run from 23 May to 27 June (excluding 30 May – Queen’s Birthday) and from 25 July to 5 September (12 weeks)
- Registration deadline has been extended to 7 April
- Coaching Training Sessions for Coaches: Monday 18 May, Monday 8 June, Monday 27 July
- First Steps to Umpiring Course: Saturday 16 May
- Pre-season Pool Umpires meetings and training sessions: Dates TBC
Please be rest assured we will take immediate action to respond to the changing situation as expected by the government. For now the government’s advice to New Zealanders is listed on the MoH COVID-19 webpage. Some of their key messages to New Zealanders are:
- Wash your hands
- If you don’t need to travel overseas, then don’t. Enjoy your own back yard for a time
- If you’re sick stay home
- If you sneeze, sneeze into your elbow
- Stop handshakes, hugs, and hongi
- Please be mindful of the older citizens in your life. Check in on them, but if you’re sick keep your distance
- Anyone arriving from overseas must follow the self-isolation process
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to your continuing support through these uncertain times.