Every team requires an Umpire. As part of our commitment to the development of Netball for our young players we offer a variety of support to those taking up the challenge of controlling games.
People interested in umpiring must be over the age of 11 years (Year 6) and must have completed an umpiring course.
Our 2020 Umpiring Courses:
- What: Intensive 1-Day umpiring course. A course for beginner umpires or those wishing to refresh themselves on the rules and court etiquette.
- Who: Everyone and anyone who is 11 years of age (Year 6) and older.
Coaches will also benefit from this course; it will help them to understand the rules and the expectations of umpires.
- Dates: Dates for the 2020 Season will be posted as soon as they are confirmed.
- Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Venue: Pinehurst Staffroom
- Bring: Whistle, pen, lunch, drink and please wear clothing and shoes suitable for participation (Whistles will be available for purchase)
- Cost: $30.00 per person (includes a work book), payable on the day
- Register: Registrations are now CLOSED
- What: A practical session covering protocols, terminology to players, positioning on goal line and side line, etc. Team Umpires will benefit from this course – MUST have completed the First Steps to Umpiring Course.
- Date: Dates for 2020 will be posted as soon as they are confirmed.
We will have a pool of umpires from which we may be able to supply an umpire for your game, if required. This can either be a long standing arrangement or a one off request. If you require an umpire each week please mark this on the registration form.
One-off requests need to be booked by the Tuesday prior to the game so that we can arrange to have someone available. If you cancel your umpire request you must let us know before the Wednesday (10am) prior to the game or the $8 will still be payable to the umpire (please hand into the control table)
The Umpire fee of $8.00 per game is to be paid directly to the Umpire, preferably before the game.
Want to become a pool umpire? To find out more, please click here.
The following may be purchased from the Control Desk at Courts A – F on Saturdays:
- Hand held Whistles $12.00 (black)
- International Rule Book $6.00
Click here to view a copy of the new International Rule Book (2020 Edition).
2 & 3E
3B, C, D & 4E
4B, C & D
4A & 5
|Held Ball||5 seconds||4 seconds||3 seconds|
|Stepping||All travelling – allow for balancing||All stepping (give warning for 1st stepping or dragging)||All stepping |
|Obstruction||Remind about distance – enforce if no attempt is being made to correct||All obstruction|
|Replay Ball||Be lenient||All replayed ball|
|Short Pass||All short passes|
|Offside||All offside when ball is involved||All offside|
|Over a Third||All over a third|