- Only 3 minutes between games so please vacate the court quickly so the next game can start on time.
- Coaches must ensure teams are on the court and ready to play when the bell commences play. If a team cannot field 5 registered players within 5 minutes of the commencement of the game the team will lose by default. (A Kidzplay Netball Umpire Mentor must be present to declare/confirm the win as allowances may be made in extenuating circumstances.)
- Game balls are supplied. These need to be left on court for the following game.
- Uniforms can be matching shorts and T shirts, with bibs being the team colour.
- Players’ fingernails must be short and long hair must be tied back.
- Players must wear suitable footwear (sports shoes).
- No coaches or parents are allowed on the court during games. The playing area is for the players. Supporters are not allowed to stand at either goal/base lines, but are welcome along the court sideline.
- Supporters and coaches must respect the umpires’ decisions – NO spectator influence will be accepted.
- Please ensure that at the end of each game the scorecard is returned to the control table – without it there will be no result recorded.
- Basic First Aid supplies are available. The Kidzplay Netball league is a learning experience for players, coaches and umpires.
NO disputes are accepted and scorecards cannot be changed after the game.
- The 2019 Winter League will run from 11 May to 29 June (excluding 1 June – Queen’s Birthday) and from 27 July to 7 September (14 weeks).
- The 2019 Spring League will run from 19 October to the 30 November (excluding 26 October – Labour Weekend). Games are non-competitive.
- All games are played on Saturdays at Pinehurst School, Bush Road, Albany from 8.45am until mid-afternoon. Time for the final game depends on the number of teams involved in the league.
- Allow extra time to park safely. The council will issue parking tickets to those parking illegally.
- Dogs (other than guide dogs) are not permitted on the school grounds. Please advise all supporters of this.
- All Pinehurst School buildings and grounds are Smoke Free. Smoking is forbidden in ALL areas.
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters or anything similar are not permitted in the court enclosure.
- Parents are responsible for young siblings at all times. Please ensure children do not climb over the tennis nets.
After grading has finished all teams will be put into a section and a draw will be issued for the remainder of the competition. Where possible we will not play semi-final and final games but this will be dependent on the number of teams in each section. Please note that we do not enter into discussion over grading decisions.
When necessary teams will be contacted by email or telephone using the information provided on the registration form.
Time requests are accepted for specific netball reasons. That is to assist in handling coach/umpire/player conflicts. They are NOT for teams who wish to elect a preferred playing time for non netball reasons.
Please note: Whilst every effort is made to meet time requests these cannot always be guaranteed due to conflicting opposition requests and/or other draw considerations. When an opposition time request conflicts, Kidzplay Netball will honour the request that best fits the draw at that time. We will do our best to ensure the draw is scheduled fairly.
Anything not claimed, or able to be identified, by the end of the league will be given to charity or otherwise disposed of.
Scorecards are picked up from the timing table closest to the game. Even though this is the responsibility of the umpire, we do ask each team to confirm the card has been uplifted prior to the commencement of the game. Please ensure that at the end of each game the score card is returned to the control table – without it there will be no result recorded.
Very important: Before the scorecard is returned to the control table at the end of the game, we ask all teams to please ensure that the score is recorded at the bottom of the card, both scorers have signed in the appropriate place and that the coaches have completed the back of the card.
Please note: One person from each team shall stand together and ensure that the score is recorded on the scorecard. At the end of the game the scorecard must be signed by the scorer from each team and this is the only result that will be recognised by Kidzplay Netball.
NO disputes are accepted and cards cannot be changed after the game.
If you are experiencing problems please send for an Umpire Mentor to sort it out during the game
Individual team managements can decide to default if they consider conditions are unsuitable. However, we do ask that you advise us as early as possible so that we can contact the other team or make alternative arrangements. We can be contacted on Saturdays on 021 172 9644.
Note that netball is primarily a winter sport and rain is not considered a safety hazard.
Players can wrap up warm with school jerseys or thermals. As long as the bibs are visible we are happy for extra layers to be worn.
If you are on court during a downpour your coach in consultation with the opposition coach has the right to decide to withdraw the team to shelter until rain stops/eases. However, please note that due to time restrictions (and other games continuing to play) the clock will continue to run and games kept to schedule.
If the Met Service have issued a Severe Weather Warning we will review the situation on Saturday morning and post a message on this website and our Facebook page as soon after 7.00am as possible.
- Kidzplay Netball website: www.kidzplaynetball.co.nz will have a game status of play update and newsflash advising of the cancellation
- Kidzplay Netball Facebook page
- Any complaint that affects the outcome of a game must be bought to the attention of a competition official (Kidzplay Netball Mentor or the Co-ordinator) during that game or immediately following the game.
- Where a complaint lodged with a competition official (Kidzplay Netball Mentor or the Co-ordinator) during the game or immediately following the game is not resolved to the satisfaction of any party, that party may lodge the complaint with Kidzplay Netball by: 1.making the complaint in writing;
- Complaints regarding UMPIRING decisions shall not be accepted unless a Kidzplay Netball Umpire Mentor has been called to the court during the game.
- Complaints regarding the BEHAVIOUR of the opposition team shall not be accepted unless a Kidzplay Netball Mentor has been called to the court during the game.
- Complaints regarding the official SCORE will not be accepted. It is the teams’ responsibility to ensure that the correct score is recorded during the game on the official scorecard. If you are experiencing any problems, please send for a Kidzplay Netball Mentor during the game.
2.within 24 hours of the event being complained about.